Hi! I’m Wendy and I write over at Around My Family Table. I love providing a wonderful, home cooked meal for my family. But I also realize that getting supper on the table cannot take several hours, it has to be under an hour. So, most of my recipes are quick and easy and most are from scratch! I hope you will stop by and join me at my table.
My family moved to the East Valley when I was in 4th grade from the great state of Texas. I’m totally a Texas girl stuck in Arizona! Both my husband and I graduated from Dobson High and then from Arizona State! Go Devils!!!! Yes, we were high school sweethearts and we still live in Mesa! I’m a stay at home mom to 2 kids (a 7yo and 2yo) and they keep me busy!
Here are some fun tidbits about me:
- I will go out of my way for a Dutch Bros coffee (luckily there is one on the corner by my house)
- I love dark chocolate
- I have 1 dog, 2 cats, 6 chickens, 2 desert tortoises, and 2 bunnies
- I love Mexican food
- My favorite restaurant is Blue Adobe (on Country Club)
- I’m a christian (you’ll find us at Central Christian Church several times a week)
- I’m a former La Leche League Leader…I love helping moms and babies breastfeed
- I’m a Girl Scout Leader
- I had unmedicated births (on purpose)
- I had a home birth with my son (on purpose)
- I run a Bountiful Baskets co-op site every other Saturday
- I’m addicted to Coca Cola and NO a Pepsi is not the same 🙂
- My husband and I went to Prom together two times and ended up at Golfland after the dance
- My daughter thinks she is a princess and my son thinks he is a monster truck
- I say “y’all” and it drives my husband crazy
- I have a BA in Sociology
- Before kids, I worked for the Arizona Supreme Court reviewing cases of children in foster care
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.